Our Memory Care
Memory Care (Alzheimer’s, Dementia)
These services are designed for those residents and tenants who have a primary diagnosis of dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. In addition to having staff available to meet the needs of those with memory loss, our facilities offers individually designed daily activities and programming. We take pride in providing the best-trained team. The Community Director and Assistant Director are trained Dementia Care Specialists. Management and staff receive ongoing instruction from the Alzheimer’s Association, as keeping on top of new discoveries, medications, and therapies is vitally important.
Memory impairments, such as dementia or Alzheimer’s, requires a specific type of care. Our senior living campuses campuses create an atmosphere designed to nourish the intellectual, emotional and physical needs of our residents. Our memory care program provides security and guidance for those who need it.
Our Memory Care services are highly regarded throughout Wisconsin and Minnesota. The Memory Care program offers you peace of mind through our highly trained, 24-hour on-duty staff, and individualized care plans. Our internal walking routes and alarmed exits, halls with handrails and secured courtyards are just a few examples of our increased safety systems for our memory care residents.
Music and Memories
Our Senior Living faculty are certified to offer personalized music that is profoundly linked to emotions. While Alzheimer’s damages the ability to recall facts and details, it does not destroy these lasting connections between a favorite song and memory of an important life event, no matter how long ago.
- Personalized Music provides a means of communication and self-expression when verbal language abilities are diminished. Individuals are calmer and less agitated. Sundowning is often reduced or eliminated.
- Personalized music offers an enjoyable, fulfilling activity.
- Family and staff are able to connect in a more meaningful way with residents around music and memories.
- Personalized music provides a valuable tool to reduce reliance on anti-psycotic, anti-anxiety and anti-depressant medications.
Our Residents have access to the following services and care:
- Registered Nurse
- Wander Management System
- Monitored Exits
- Medication Management and/or Administration
- Personal Care Assistance
- Nutritious Meals and Snacks
- Housekeeping Service
- Laundry and Linen Service
- Full Service Salon
- Access to Medical Services
- Concierge Services
- Escort Services
Staying Social as well as Safe
Providing care to someone with memory loss is a large part of what we do, but it’s by no means the only thing. Our Senior Living Communities also strive to make sure the social needs of each resident are met as well.
Social activities include:
- daily programming
- weekly entertainment
- social events
- arts and crafts
- worship services
- games and cards
- wellness programs