Assistance & Resources
Veteran’s Administration benefits
We are proud to work with the Veteran’s Administration to provide benefits to those who have served in any branch of the United States Military. Veteran’s Benefits help defray the costs of assisted living. To find out if you or your loved one qualifies for Veteran’s Benefits, follow the steps below:
- Sign on to http://www.va.gov
- Click on Healthcare
- Click on Health Benefits and Services
- Scroll to the very bottom and click VA Forms
- In the following window, enter 21-526
- Click on the form when it appears
- Fill out this application online by clicking on “Apply Online”
- Select “Compensation & Pension” then follow the additional instructions
- The application can take up 180 days to process
- There is no guarantee of benefits
If you have additional questions, contact the Veteran’s Administration directly (1-800-827-1000).
Legal Documents You May Need
To help make your life easier, we have compiled some of the important forms that may be needed when you consider moving into an assisted living environment.
Power Of Attorney Health Care | Power of Attorney Finance/Durable Power of Attorney | Living Will
Advance Directories | Do Not Resuscitate | Organ Donation
Financial Assistance Programs and Information
There are many financial assistance programs available for seniors seeking assisted living arrangements. Our Community Director works with our residents to make sure every opportunity is explored.
Automatic Debt Program
For peace-of-mind and convenience, our Senior Living Facility offers an automatic debit program to our residents. This is just one more way in which we help ease the transition and makes life easier for residents and their families.
The following links are additional resources that can answer additional questions or address concerns you may have.
- AARP http://www.aarp.org/
- Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC) http://www.adrc-cw.com/
- alea http://www.aleatraining.com/
- Alzheimer Association http://www.alz.org/
- Alzheimer & Dementia Alliance alzwisc.org
- Hospice Foundation of America http://hospicefoundation.org/
- Mesothelioma Guide https://www.mesotheliomaprognosis.com/
- Mesothelioma Prognosis Network https://www.mesotheliomaprognosis.com/
- Minnesota Department of Health http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/fpc/homecare/
- WALA http://www.ewala.org/
- Web MD http://www.webmd.com/
- Where You Live Matters http://www.whereyoulivematters.org/